Lachhu Maharaj is popular classical dancer from India. In India it is affectionately in music industry called as Lachhu Maharaj but his original name is Pt. Bajinath Prasad. Bajinath Prasad is turned as a Lachhu because of his excellent classical dance skills.
About Lachhu Family
Lachhu Maharaj was born on 1901 at Varanasi to Shri Kalka Prasad. Bajinath is a second child to the Kalka Prasad. Kalka Prasad is a Kathak dancer and also his family also from dance background. He started preparing dance form Kathak from his dad, Kalka Prasad, uncle Bindadin Maharaj and senior sibling, Achhan Maharaj, and performed directly from the age of 10 with no obligations.
He is very Remarkable at showing beauty, feelings and erotic nature through his dance forms and he supposedly carried untainted guiltlessness to his exhibitions. He has given his dance forms styles to gang as Kathak groupings in movies like Swarup Mahal, Kale Badal, Ghar Ki Laj, Shikwa, Mughal-E-Azam, Pakeeza and others.
Lachhu family is from most famous illustrious of kathak in Lucknow and Uttar Pradesh surroundings. He made himself as a film choreographer for Hindi movies. He took and received an extensive form of training from his own family member named Pandit Bindadin Maharaj who is his paternal uncle and an excellent on court dancer of the Nawab of Awadh, for ten years nearly.
Moreover, to the dancing skills he also learned that Tabla, Pakhawaj – a form of dance and Hindustani Classical vocal music. Lachhu Maharaj is also trained in the Pakhawaj, the Tabla and Hindustani Classical vocal music. He found the academy of Kathak Kendra to exolete Kathak dance. The institute was started by the Uttar Pradesh government in Lucknow and now undertaken by the Government only.
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Lachhu Maharaj
- Lachhu Maharaj received the honour of the 1957- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, which is called as highest award presenting for performing artists in India from Government.
- He was also conferred by the Presidents’ Award.
- Lachhu is a founder &Director of the Kathak Kendra which was inaugurated by the Uttar Pradesh Govt in Lucknow.
- The two-day festival for celebrating his birth anniversary was organized in Lucknow.
- His most notable choreography work in Pakeezah, Chhoti Chhoti Baten, and Mahal, Mughal-e-Azam.
- Google is celebrated his 74th Birth Anniversary of Lachhu Maharaj as by making his doodle on 16 Oct 2018.
- Presidents’ Award.
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
- National Academy for Drama, Dance & Music
Lachhu Maharaj as a Choreographer
- Mahal (1949)
- Mughal-e-Azam (1960)
- Chhoti Chhoti Baten (1965)
- Pakeezah (1972)
Lachhu Maharaj as Ballater
- Goutam Buddha
- Bharatiya Kissan
The Importance of his Birthday
On 2007 September, a festival for2 days was organised for Lachhu Maharaj’s 100 birth anniversary. The event was attended by his disciples and his wife, Rama Devi. A book based this Kathak legend is released during this event. The students of Kathak Kendra also performed a ballet, Megh Malhar. He also as two disciples named Kamalini and Nalini.
Lachhu Maharaj Death
On one fine day 28-07-2016 in Uttar Pradesh he died due to ill health at the age of 71.