Who is Vice President?
The Vice President of India is the second highest officer in the constitution after the President of India. According to the Articles of constitution, Article no 63 states that vice president of India acts as the president if the president is resigned, expired and in the situation of impeachment. In the case of full emergency, he takes as the situation in hand.
How is Election done?
Vice President elected indirectly by the members present in the electoral college of both houses of the parliament. The election system here follows is the proportional representation by means of the Single Transferable Vote and this voting is done by the secret ballot which was conducted by election commission.
Eligibility to contest as Vice President of India
- The eligibility to contest as the Vice president of India must obey some rules which are mandatory for contesting.
- He/she must be an Indian Citizen.
- The candidate must have completed 35 years of age.
- He/she must be qualified as a member of House Rajya Sabha.
- The candidate must not in any profit position under the Indian Government.
Election Process of Vice President
The Election Process for the vice president happens as by the ballot papers and the name on the paper decides the contestant. The voting form ballot paper doesn’t contain any political decision image. There will be two sections in the polling form paper, Column 1 of the voting form paper contains the heading “Name of Candidate”, and Column 2 contains the heading “mark order of preference”.
Checking Process, the triumphant competitor needs to tie down the necessary portion of votes to be pronounced chosen, that is 50 percent of substantial votes surveyed +1. For instance in the event that the complete number of substantial votes surveyed is 790, at that point the quantity required for getting chose is After the legitimate voting form papers are isolated from the invalid ones, the substantial polling form papers are appropriated among the challenging applicants gets in the first round is the quantity of first particular votes got by him. For discovering whether there is a champ after the first round of tallying, the estimation of votes got by each challenging up-and-comer in the first round of checking is signified decide the all-out estimation of substantial votes surveyed at the political race.
Oath of Vice President of India
According to the article 69 of the Indian constitution the elected president takes the oath as follows.
“I, ________ do swear in the name of God/solemnly affirm that I will bear true faith and allegiance to solemnly affirm the Constitution of India as by law established and that I will faithfully discharge the duty upon which I am about to enter.”
The President administers the oath of office and secrecy to the Vice President.
Salary and Pension of the President
There is no arrangement for the pay of the Vice President of India in that limit. The person in question gets a pay in the limit as the ex official Chairman of the Rajya Sabha (Council of States), which is as of now Rs. 1,25,000 every month. What’s more, the individual in question is qualified for an everyday remittance, free furnished home, medicinal, travel and other facilities. The constitution gives that when the ex official Vice President goes about as the President or releases the obligations of the President, the person is qualified for the compensation and benefits of the President. The benefits for the Vice President are half of the salary.
Tenure of Indian Vice President
- The Vice-President holds office for a term of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office.
- He might be composing under his hand and routed to the President leave his office.
- The Vice-President can be expelled from his office by a goal of Council of States passed by a greater part of all the then individuals from the Council of States and consented to by the House of the People.
Duties of Vice President in India
- The Vice president of India also acts as a Chancellor of the University of Punjab in Chandigarh.
- He is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha.
- He manages the sessions of the Rajya Sabha and has the privilege of making choice on account of a uniformity of votes.
- In case of the events of any opportunity in the workplace of the President by reason of his demise, acquiescence or something else, the Vice-President will go about as President until another President is chosen and enters upon his office.
- At the point when the President can’t release his capacities attributable to nonappearance, disease or some other reason, the Vice-President will release his capacities until the date on which the President continues his obligations.
- At the point when the Vice-President goes about as the President, he gets the remittances of the President and appreciates every one of the forces and in susceptibilities of the President.
- who elects the vice president?
The Vice President of India is elected by the members of Rajya Sabha which is the upper house of Indian parliament and the members of the Lok Sabha which is the lower house of the Indian parliament.
- who elects Indian President?
The Indian President is elected indirectly by the elected members of both houses Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha of parliament and by members of the elected Legislative assemblies of the total states and the members of the legislative assemblies of the Union Territories of Pondicherry and Delhi.
- How is the vice president elected in the united states?
The vice president is elected indirectly different states voters of and the District of Columbia through the Electoral, election body was formed once in four years for purpose of electing the president and vice president to t four-year terms.